>I have been studying a course on missions in seminary this semester and the statistics on the lostness of certain parts of the world are absolutely staggering. Here are some good numbers for you to think about:
1. 25% of the World’s Population has never heard the gospel and have absolutely no access to the Gospel. That is over 1.5 billion people.
2. The 10/40 Window as pictured in the image on this post contains 60% of the world’s population or 3.6 billion people and include 37 of the 50 least evangelized countries on the planet.
3. The three dominant religions in this region of the world (Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism) account for the following population:
a. 1.1 Billion Muslims
b. 1.0 Billion Hindus
c. 600 Million Buddhists
4. Although over 60% of the world’s population live in this area of the world and a vast percentage are unreached by the Gospel, only 8% of evangelical missionaries work among them.
5. 82% of the poorest of the poor live in this area of the world.
6. Of the 2,161 people groups (or approx. 1.7 billion people in the 10/40 Window who have NO access to the gospel):
a. less than 10% have the New Testament translated into their language.
b. Less than 10% have the complete Bible translations in their language.
c. Less than 20% have the Jesus film in their language.
*these statistics were taken from lecture on the 10/40 Window